Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Resolutions

As February draws to a close I can't help but to be thrilled. This last month has been nothing short of miserable and demanding. I know medical school is supposed to be hard...I'm not stupid. But, 6 tests in 2 weeks is pushing it for even the smartest people. I also can't wait for the spring and the warm weather. It's been so cold and rainy here it's getting to be depressing. I love snow, I hate rain.

So in light of a new month I am making a few new month resolutions that will start next week on March first. I know that these are only usually made during the new year, but no one ever keeps them longer than a month so if I make new resolutions every month maybe I'll actually get something done.

MY RESOLUTIONS:

1. Studying will take place for at least 3 hours a day regardless of if I need to study or not.
    Studying does not involve the Internet, facebook, or youtube.

2. I will walk Copper at least once a day...I do most of the time now but it's been hard with all these tests!

3. Exercise: I'm going to try and do the 100 push-up challenge in an attempt to get buff for summer. On top of this I'm also trying to be able to do the hand-stand push ups (pictures to follow). Running more often would also be nice because I want to be able to finish my 6th marathon before the end of spring.
(Yes I know a bit eccentric....but stupid is my middle name).

5. I will not get totally miffed at the microbiology professors...even if they are incompetent.
  If it takes you 15 minutes or you think it takes 15 minutes to do a gram stain as a PhD there's a problem.

6. Eat healthy: chocolate cake is not breakfast and when it is breakfast it is most certainly not also lunch and dinner. (Guilty pleasure...it was delicious though!!!)

7. Dishes get washed when they're put in the sink not when I run out of cups.

Overall goal: Be a better student; be a better person; DON'T GO CRAZY!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment