Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Groups


It’s that time of year again! Group picking time!!! 

Picking groups in medical school is a lot like picking teams for dodge ball in middle school. Of course everyone picks the biggest person with the best arm and their friends first. And then they criticize everyone who doesn’t have a group, or who got screwed because they thought they were friends with people but aren’t anymore.

At least that’s what happened last year when our class picked groups. I’ve never seen so much back stabbing in my life. I’m not quite sure how it’s working out this year. I’m trying to stay out of the drama- but, what I’m hearing isn’t great. Just when I thought I’d entered a world of adults.  Who really cares what group you’re in? As long as everyone works hard and shows up on time so the doctor in charge doesn’t think everyone's stupid. You’re still going to see your friends, it just won’t be 24/7 in class…. 

I feel like I should make a documentary…”watch how the medical student stalks its prey. In the animal kingdom, groups are formed via this intricate process….”    

More to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment